Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley
Come join our Four Seasons Family! We are looking for a someone to join our Purchasing Team! We are looking to hire a Purchasing Storeroom and Receiving Clerk (combination). This person must be highly motivated and strive to deliver best in class service to our guests, clients, fellow team members and community.
About Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley
We are looking to build our team! Situated at the northern end of Napa Valley off the famed Silverado Trail, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley will offer experiences will capture the imagination of even the most seasoned wine country visitors. Be a part of the most highly anticipated opening resort of 2020.
The Storeroom and Receiving Clerk (combo) is an essential member of the Purchasing Team. He/She must be detailed oriented and highly organized. You will report to our Purchasing Manager position. This position is a non-exempt/hourly position.
- Check all incoming goods against delivery orders and invoices, food specifications and purchase records to ensure that the type, amount, price and quality of items charged and ordered are correct and maintain safe, sanitary and organized storage of all items.
- Issue, store, price and rotate all incoming goods for the hotel and maintain a good balance between par levels of inventory items and on hand quantities in accordance to business needs.
- Ensure Store Requisitions are approved by authorized persons and acknowledged by recipients.
- Update daily receiving in the Purchasing/Inventory system and generate a Daily Receiving report for food, beverage, non-food and beverage on a timely basis.
- Ensure all goods received are delivered to the correct storage place/holding area.
- Ensure all local and corporate policies, rules, internal controls and procedures and safeguards as they relate to the
- Purchasing Department are complied with.
- Issue, store, price and rotate all incoming goods for the hotel.
- Maintain perpetual inventory records for all liquor and wine on current basis.
- Ensure all beverage requisitions are handled as per established procedures and track banquet returns to stores the following business day.
- Follow up on documentation of after hours issues ensuring it is in accordance with established internal controls and procedures.
- Complete daily, weekly, month end, quarterly and annual inventories for food, beverage, groceries, sundries and operating equipment as required.
- Complete food, beverage, groceries, sundries and non-food stock replenishment as required and raise Purchase Orders for Manager’s approval.
- Handle all issues and deliveries of goods to the appropriate departments within the hotel including loading and unloading carts and placing in appropriate storerooms.
- Maintain the highest level of business integrity in dealing with vendors and delivery persons.
- Inspect food quality at receiving. Anything questionable must be approved by the Executive Chef or their delegate or the Purchasing Manager.
- Accept delivery of engineering, retail, spa and flowers and other specialty items and contact originating department for verification and inspection of goods.
Who You Are
- At least one year full-time employment in a similar position, in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Proactive and results driven.
- Operates at the Highest level of integrity and transparency. Apply an ethical approach to the outcome of situations.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills to work with cross-functional teams, vendors, contractors, vendors’ delivery person and freight forwarders.
- Cross-trained in kitchen on food product and quality.
- Must be flexible with schedule – Able to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, evening/overnight shifts
- Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language. Spanish language skills a plus.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume and demanding environment.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to handle difficult situations and guests.
- Valid Driver’s License required and clean driving record.
This position is not eligible for work sponsorship/visa. Candidates must possess valid US work authorization.
About the company:
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Because of our employee-centric approach, Four Seasons has been listed in the FORTUNE Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work for” rankings every year since 1998.
Some Benefits Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley employees can enjoy:
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Cigna medical and dental benefit options
- 8 weeks of New Parental Leave Pay
- Fur Baby/Pet Insurance
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Complimentary accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Complimentary Employee Meals
- 401k Retirement Plans
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact our People + Culture Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Four Seasons is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. To access the ‘EEOC is The Law’ Information poster please visit this website: EEOC is The Law .