Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley
Come join our Four Seasons Family! We are building our FS Opening Team! Could you be our next Overnight/Graveyard Front Office Supervisor? This a non-exempt/hourly position.
Supervises the staff of the entire hotel during the overnight shift. Works closely with the staff from all departments to assure that standards are being met. Is the direct supervisor of the Front Office during the overnight shift. Responds to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and requests and then adding personal recommendations and touches to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all Four Seasons’ policies.
- Manages the activities at the Front Office during the overnight shift. Directs staff. Ensures communications and follow-up with day shift on any problems, guest requests or special requirements.
- Frequently tours the hotel and monitors the activities of all other departments. Monitors their activities to assure that standards are being met, staff is being supported and guest needs are being met.
- Personally handles all guest relocations according to established guidelines.
- Resolves customer complaints from all areas of the hotel, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc.
- Reviews late arrivals, next day early arrivals and departures to plan for the next day’s activities. Coordinates arrivals, departures and billing requirements. Blocks rooms for arrivals and ensures any discrepancies are resolved. Reviews daily arrivals to ensure proper handling of Special Attention Guests, Return Guests, and Groups.
- Assures that all financial and credit procedures are followed.
- Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well-being of hotel guests and employees without requiring special direction. Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Checks guest in and out in an efficient and friendly manner, using guest name whenever possible. Assures that guest is assigned type of room requested and the correct rate is charged. Arranges for luggage to be delivered to guest room.
- Issues correct keys to the guest. Checks out guest at end of stay. Ascertains guest satisfaction, collects keys, posts late charges and presents bill to guest. Settles bill accurately through credit card or cash transaction.
- Utilizes a variety of computer systems to check guests in and out, run daily reports, run night audit reports, and select and block rooms for arriving guests.
- Complies with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Checks Staff facilities such as Locker Rooms and Staff Dining Room to assure that they are operating at Four Seasons standards. Acts as a liaison for overnight shift with HR.
Who You Are
- College Degree Preferred.
- 1+ years of previous Rooms Division supervisory or management experience required.
- Experience in a luxury resort highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Napa Valley and surrounding areas, highly desirable, however not required.
- Must be flexible with schedule – Able to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, evening/overnight shifts.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume and demanding environment.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead a small team.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to handle difficult situations and guests.
- Valid Driver’s License required and clean driving record.
- Ability to remain calm during challenging situations.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
This position is not eligible for work sponsorship/visa. Candidates must possess valid US work authorization.
About Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley
We are looking to build our team! Situated at the northern end of Napa Valley off the famed Silverado Trail, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley will offer experiences will capture the imagination of even the most seasoned wine country visitors. Be a part of the most highly anticipated opening resort of 2020.
About the company:
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Because of our employee-centric approach, Four Seasons has been listed in the FORTUNE Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work for” rankings every year since 1998.
Some Benefits Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley employees can enjoy:
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Cigna medical and dental benefit options
- 8 weeks of New Parental Leave Pay
- Fur Baby/Pet Insurance
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Complimentary accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Complimentary Employee Meals
- 401k Retirement Plans
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact our People + Culture Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.