Hyatt House Los Angeles (Coming Soon)
As a member of the property’s Leadership Committee, the Director of Sales & Marketing (DOSM) position is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior leadership.
The Director of Sales & Marketing has direct oversight of the Sales and Marketing operation of the hotel. The DOSM has responsibility of the Sales and Marketing Budget/P&L, revenue forecasting, advertising, marketing, developing and writing business plans, and ownership meetings. This leader is also responsible for, but not limited to, the supervision of sales managers, trainees, interns, and administrative staff. Additional responsibilities include the recruitment and hiring of sales staff, training, managing and coaching sales managers in their selling process in order to meet company goals and maximize hotel revenues.
Preferably, the DOSM should be proficient in Envision, Prio, Lanyon, RMT, Travelclick and Reserve, or have the equivalent knowledge base, and be able to train and monitor both the group and transient contractual agreement process, quoting rates, sending referrals, setting traces, and the management of retention, reactivation, and acquisition accounts. The DOSM reports directly to the General Manager. Communication and organizational skills are of the utmost importance.
The ideal candidate for this position
- 6 years or more of progressive hotel Sales experience (preferably with Hyatt)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- Previous hotel pre-opening experience strongly preferred
- Quantifiable history of success
- Results driven, energetic, and focused
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- This position is at a location where Hyatt is not the employer. The employer of individuals working at this hotel may be a third-party management company that is responsible for all employment benefits and obligations at this location.