Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport - Tyvola Road
Guest Services Lead serves as a primary contact for questions and/or more complex projects or concerns pertaining to Guest Services both for guests and Associates. This role will assist with training in new Guest Services Agents and will also serve in a Guest Services Agent capacity themselves responsible for greeting and registering the guest providing outstanding guest service during their stay and settling the guest’s account upon completion of their stay. Primary responsibilities include: focused training of front desk Associates registering guests making and modifying reservations hotel operator and concierge duties. Providing attentive courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
- High School diploma or equivalent required with College course work in related field preferred.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred especially a role with leadership experience.
- Must possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests.
- Must have the ability to multi-task be detail-oriented and be able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity while under pressure.
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly service oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Conducts thorough orientation for other Guest Services Agents.
- Attentively assists with higher-level concerns and/or questions from guests or Associates.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain proper operation of the telephone switchboard and ensure that all Aimbridge Hospitality performance standards are met.
- Handle requests for information mail and messages in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Answer guest inquires about hotel service facilities and hours of operation.
- Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants transportation entertainment etc.
- Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow associates and other departments within the hotel.
- Follow all Aimbridge Hospitality credit policies.
- Be aware of all rates packages and special promotions; Be familiar with all in house groups; Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow rate quoting scenario.
- Be familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and house rules as well as hospitality terminology.
- Have knowledge of and assist in emergency procedures as required.
- Handle check-ins and check-outs in a friendly efficient and courteous manner.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
Associates must at all times be attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests managers and all other associates.
- Ensure logging and delivery of packages mail and messages as needed to guests and meeting rooms.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other associates.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management
This position is at a location where Hyatt is not the employer. The employer of individuals working at this hotel may be a third-party management company that is responsible for all employment benefits and obligations at this location.