Title: General Manager
Immediate Supervisor: IGH Representative
The General Manager oversees all aspects of the hotel operations including: guest relations, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, finances, team building, and staff development. The General Manager must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and demonstrate outstanding leadership. The manager must be able to delegate responsibilities, organize complex projects, and establish priorities consistent with hotel objectives.
• Represent the hotel in a professional, knowledgeable and eloquent manner.
• Dress appropriately in business attire at all times.
• Ensure compliance with all Brand standards.
• Ensure compliance with all IGH Standards as outlined in the Employee Handbook and General Manager handbook.
• Maintain an impeccably clean, safe and inviting atmosphere inside and out.
• Greet guests daily for a minimum of 2 hours during Peak check in & check out times.
• Develop and execute both a short and long term operating plan to meet or exceed budgeted fiscal performance goals.
• Attend monthly property review meeting to report on hotel performance.
• Ensure an operating environment that will maximize guest satisfaction.
• Meet or exceed customer service standards as measured by brand inspections, brand survey reports and social media reviews. Respond to all reviews and initiate corrective action when necessary.
• Establish a presence in the community through participation in local events, associations and community service projects. Identify and support a local charity.
• Ensure revenue maximization through daily coordination with the assigned brand revenue management support representative.
• Perform sales duties or work closely with the Sales Manager to set and achieve local account and group business sales objectives.
• Continually recruit, train and monitor staff. Ensure proper staffing levels on each shift.
• Create and maintain a pleasant, safe and mutually respectful work environment. Continually interact with and motivate all staff members.
• Establish and maintain a comprehensive preventative maintenance program.
• Walk through entire property daily, inside and out to ensure standards are met.
This position is at a location where Hyatt is not the employer. The employer of individuals working at this hotel may be a third-party management company that is responsible for all employment benefits and obligations at this location.