About Jumeirah & The Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel and Spa offers easy access to Kuwait’s Central Business District, airport and major attractions. The beachfront resort features 316 rooms and suites, 80 residential suites and 12 villas, seven restaurants, cafés and lounges, a Talise Spa, 200-metre private beach, two swimming pools and a children’s play area. Extensive conference and banqueting facilities are available, including the Badriah ballroom.
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Food & Beverage department for a highly motivated and hard working individual. The main purpose of this position is to provide guests with a friendly, competent and top quality dining experience.
- To anticipate and serve guests requirements before requests is necessary.
- To be familiar with the beverage service including stemware used and appropriate garnishes.
- To complete opening and closing side work as assigned and has all tables set according to standard.
- To report any accident or guest complaint immediately, no matter how minor, to a manager.
- To recognize and address potential disruptive or undesirable guests.
- To classify buffets, displays or side stations.
- To keep service area clean and tidy.
- To provide unobtrusive and professional service in accordance with our sequence.
- To provide quick and attentive assistance to any mishap in the restaurant operation.
- To identify potential problems and ask for assistance before a breakdown occurs.
- To provide lateral service within the hotel whenever needed.
In order to be considered for this role you must have at least 1 year experience as a waiter/ Waitress in F&B operations in a 5-star luxury hotel, be able to communicate effectively in English and you must have sound food & beverage knowledge.
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and benefits which includes: housing, vacation ticket allowance equivalent to a return ticket to home country every 2 years, incentive plans, life and accident insurance, laundry, meals and transportation.