Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus Istanbul
Set to open in the first half of 2021, Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus, Istanbul, will be Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s second hotel in Turkey. The hotel will enjoy a prime location on the sunny shores of the Bosphorus, situated on the European side of Istanbul in the high-end residential Kuruçeşme neighborhood.
The urban resort, with its lush generous enchanted gardens, will feature two outdoor pools and private wooden pavilions on the shores of the Bosphorus. Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus, Istanbul will be comprised of 100 spacious guestrooms and suites, innovative restaurants & bars and expensive and elegant banqueting facilities. Spread over 2,700 square meters, The Spa at Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus, Istanbul will become one of Istanbul’s best wellness and beauty destination.
As a Director of Engineering you will direct and coordinate the Engineering Team. You will plan, organize and lead complex engineering projects. You will be proactive, creative and results driven.
The Director of Engineering will be responsible for the following duties:
- Be responsible for all engineering related tasks during the pre-opening and opening of the hotel.
- To ensure safe and efficient operation of all building facilities.
- To manage repair and maintenance expenses.
- To develop and introduce energy and environmental management initiatives.
- To manage Capital improvement projects.
- To establish engineering guidelines and standard operating procedures to maintain excellent standards of quality and reliability in the hotel;
- To develop a monthly reporting system in order to monitor Key Performance Indicators, guest room maintenance, energy consumption, operational and energy expenses, project updates, LQE activities and other specific tasks;
- To implement and maintain the FLHSS&E procedures, including relevant business continuity management plans and standard operating procedures;
- To manage the combination of employing engineering colleagues and engineering outsourcing companies to minimize operating expenses; To recruit and select qualified technicians and engineers;
- To formulate and implement strategic direction for the hotel’s environmental protection activities and involvement in the local community;
- To prepare annual and Five-Year capital plan;
- To oversee the strategic direction of general projects related to the enhancement of the hotel. The project management covers the areas of planning, administration, implementation and evaluation of financial results of the projects;
- To prepare a summary and analysis of the annual POMEC budget;
- To maintain contract management and follow up.
What you will need to have:
- Minimum of 2-4 years in engineering studies such as Mechanical, Electrical, and Building Services.
- Minimum of 5-10 years as Chief Engineer or Director of Engineering within luxury hotels. Previous opening experience an advantage
- Possess excellent organizational and administrative skills, result oriented, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivated, team player with good leadership skills.
- Quality driven with a passion for excellence in guest service and satisfaction
- High energy and hands on in the operation. Flexible with work hours to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation.
- Approachable, open-minded and fair. Strong creativity.
- Previous opening experience is an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of major building systems, power plant, air conditioning system, kitchens etc.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in energy management.
- Experienced user of office automation applications, including Word, Excel amongst others.
- Fluent in English and Turkish.