Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus Istanbul
Set to open in the first half of 2021, Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus, Istanbul, will be Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s second hotel in Turkey. The hotel will enjoy a prime location on the sunny shores of the Bosphorus, situated on the European side of Istanbul in the high-end residential Kuruçeşme neighborhood.
The urban resort, with its lush generous enchanted gardens, will feature two outdoor pools and private wooden pavilions on the shores of the Bosphorus. Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus, Istanbul will be comprised of 100 spacious guestrooms and suites, innovative restaurants & bars and expensive and elegant banqueting facilities. Spread over 2,700 square meters, The Spa at Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus, Istanbul will become one of Istanbul’s best wellness and beauty destination.
As a Director of Rooms, you will lead all aspects of the hotel’s daily Rooms operation, including the Health Club. You will have high professional standards coupled with a strong emotional intelligence.
The Director of Rooms will be responsible for the following duties:
- To support company’s philosophy and company culture with the use of Pillars of Legendary Quality Experiences on a daily basis to ensure Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement.
- To ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure in accordance to standards and procedures manual and the
- Legendary Quality Experience (LQE).
- To ensure that Mandarin Oriental, Istanbul grooming and appearance standards are implemented and maintained to reflect an image of professionalism and care.
- To attend regular meetings with the General Manager to discuss, recommend and inform on business matters and review long and short range action plans.
- To prepare the budget for Rooms and all Minor Operating Departments and Capital Expenditure budget.
- To ensure that Yearly Rooms budgets, monthly, weekly and daily forecasts are timely and accurate.
- To evaluate all direct report department heads and set objectives. Review “key result areas” twice annually together with the profit and loss reports. (Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Performance and Development System PROFILE).
- To organize training plan based on the training needs of the Rooms Department and submit to the Learning and
- Development Manager for the purpose of approval and directly and without fail implement the approved training plan.
- To ensure that the morale of all colleagues is high and as a result, productivity is high.
- To review and monitor direct expenses in all departments and be able to explain differences.
What you will need to have?
- Extensive Rooms Experience in Hospitality operations within a luxury setting. Ideally Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management.
- Experience in Luxury Hotels is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken in English and Turkish.
- Effective management, leadership, organizational and communications skills.
- Ability to assemble, analyze, understand integrated spread sheets and complex technical information.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Prioritization skills necessary to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in various hotel systems and advanced proficiency in Excel