Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus Istanbul
Set to open in the first half of 2021, Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus, Istanbul, will be Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s second hotel in Turkey. The hotel will enjoy a prime location on the sunny shores of the Bosphorus, situated on the European side of Istanbul in the high-end residential Kuruçeşme neighborhood.
The urban resort, with its lush generous enchanted gardens, will feature two outdoor pools and private wooden pavilions on the shores of the Bosphorus. Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus, Istanbul will be comprised of 100 spacious guestrooms and suites, innovative restaurants & bars and expensive and elegant banqueting facilities. Spread over 2,700 square meters, The Spa at Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus, Istanbul will become one of Istanbul’s best wellness and beauty destination.
As a Hotel Manager you will take the lead for all aspects of the hotel’s daily operation and you will embody a five-star service with a true focus on the guest.
The Hotel Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- To manage hotel’s daily operational needs ensuring consistent guest services, colleague productivity, and safety while constantly striving for improvement.
- To execute all operational and strategic initiatives that have been discussed, providing feedbacks and alternatives.
- To develop of lower and middle management executives through coaching, mentoring and general communications.
- To keep abreast of newest trends and innovations in the marketplace and be aware of competitors.
- To ensure there is a continuous focus and drive on all Quality assessments. In particular supporting local LQE initiatives.
- To orchestrate and direct the annual Safe & Sound Audit conducted by third parties engaged by MOHG.
- To chair the monthly Risk Management Committee meetings ensuring full compliance by all Departments.
- To work with EXCO and the Director of IT to ensure continual progress regarding systems, software and hardware.
- To oversee the strategic direction of general projects related to the enhancement of the hotel. The project management covers the areas of planning, administration, implementation and evaluation of financial results of project.
- To direct and ensure the success of the preventive maintenance programs of the hotel in all areas.
- To work on the energy saving and related projects.
- To support the Director of Finance in the preparation and implementation of the budget and the development of Sales and Marketing Strategies for the Hotel.
- To translate and execute the strategies into operational excellence.
- To support the Human Resource Strategy, including recruitment and selection of colleagues.
- To assist in career development programs for colleagues. HM will act as the mentor and coach for the new and mid level Managers, actively engaging them in projects and learning initiatives. HM will ensure that appraisals and feedback sessions are regularly done.
What you will need to have?
- Extensive Hotel experience in Hospitality operations within a luxury setting. Ideally Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management.
- Experience in Luxury Hotels is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken in English and Turkish.
- Effective management, leadership, organizational and communications skills.
- Ability to assemble, analyze, understand integrated spread sheets and complex technical information.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Prioritization skills necessary to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in various hotel systems and advanced proficiency in Excel.