Mandarin Oriental Doha
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- Supervise, train and motivate Purchasing department colleagues and thoroughly understand all of their duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure that the department works closely with the Executive Chef, and the Excom Members to purchase the highest quality products while constantly searching for the lowest price.
- Establishment and maintenance of the logistics of procurement
- Development and enhancement of purchasing and cost control policies and procedures
- Negotiate cost effective purchases for all Capex and FF&E items, while meeting all MOHG guidelines and quality specifications.
- Generate purchase orders on approval requisitions and obtain necessary authorization and obtain the authorization from the Director of Finance and General Manager prior to processing these orders.
- Obtain competitive price quotations and confirm purchase availabilities, establish a purchasing reporting package and database of supplier information and ensure that there are sufficient supplies on hand for on all inventoried items for each department by coordinating regular inventories with Stores.
- Ensure that all storage areas are secure, clean and properly organized and in line with the MOHG health and safety requirements
- Establish and maintain par stocks on all inventoried items, keeping in mind that inventory levels must be kept as low as possible without compromising the efficiency of the hotel.
- Conduct regular quality control audits to ensure colleagues are properly training and performing their duties following established procedures and conduct food supplier premise checks with the Executive Chef before registering the supplier as a vendor to ensure supplier is compliant with HACCP standards.
- Diploma/Degree in Hotel Management and/or Accounting or equivalent.
- Diploma/ Degree in purchasing/ procurement management
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in purchasing environment with at least 2-year experience in a similar capacity in a hotel
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Cost Control
- Excellent knowledge of various Procurement /Purchasing Software (preferably Moreton Bay)
- Excellent communication skills within the organization as well as to suppliers and stakeholder. Proactive communicator with clear
- High managerial skills to meet and focus on deadlines, planning ahead, result driven and also flexible
- Able to train and manage a team of 10 people, as well as to train other managers on the job
If you are interested in joining our team apply today!