Mandarin Oriental Doha
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- Oversee all operational and administrative aspects of the MO Club as appropriate and be able to priorities the required level of engagement between the administrative part and the front house service delivery
- Have an excellent understanding of the member’s club concept, membership benefits for each tier category and all related standards, in order to recommend and verbally explain those to members and guests
- Supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the Club at all times and carry out monthly or more frequent walk-throughs with the respective engineering and housekeeping colleagues and follow up accordingly on the produced reports to achieve an immaculate environment
- Work closely with the respective sous chef to plan menus, prices and promotional events for the Club in order to maximize revenue generating opportunities in line with expectations of the members
- Constantly identify areas for improvement in service and food and beverage quality by reviewing various service quality audit reports, guest comment cards and guest incident reports, and formulate action plans accordingly, also in cooperation with the respective Chef de cuisine
- Formulate an annual promotion plan and plan and execute special promotional activities for the MO Club in liaison with the Director of F&B, the respective consultant and other parties
Assure that all correspondence and fulfilment of new members is executed flawlessly and member’s data base is constantly updated, maintained and managed by the Club Service Executive and that all preferences of members are being acted on appropriately
Possessing a strong sense of discretion and be able to uphold a high level of confidentiality in the MO Club
Enforce and monitor that all operational standards, as per our policies, SOP and quality measures are in place at all times
Ensure accuracy of all menus: current, spelled correctly, clean and presentable and ascertain menu descriptions are up to date and distributed appropriately
- High School qualification or equivalent
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is preferred
- Experience as Manager in an exclusive membership club or high-volume restaurant with highest levels of service
- Overall experience with member’s club administrative organization, personally interacting with high net worth individuals on a personal basis
- Experience as Assistant Manager or Manager of a private member’s club is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment, including 2 years in Food & Beverage
- International work experience in at least two of the following regions: Asia, Europe, North America and preferably Middle East
- Creative, innovative and thinks outside the box
- Ability to understand guest needs and expectations and to deliver superior customer service through own initiative and through driving and motivating his/her team accordingly
If you are interested in joining our team apply today!