The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
Housekeeping Team Leader at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Peaceful retreat settled on Jumeirah Beach, the resort offers the perfect destination for the entire family to unwind and recharge with a breath-taking array of recreation activities, and close proximity to major Dubai local attractions. Featuring exceptional views over the Arabian Gulf, our impressive neoclassical architecture fills our five-star luxury beach resort in Dubai with charm and inspiration.
The Housekeeping Department is responsible for planning, organizing and executing the activities of departments which control the flow of available guestrooms for sale in the hotel. The cleanliness of the entire hotel and much of a guest’s overall impression of the hotel is related to Housekeeping and therefore the responsibility of all the staff involved. According to study conducted by Lieberman Research Group in 2004 the highest level of importance in selecting a hotel is cleanliness with a 95% ranking.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- To prepare and distribute the morning work assignments for all the housekeeping attendants.
- To conduct daily morning briefing with the room attendants.
- To check the grooming of the staff.
- To ensure proper cleanliness of all Guest Rooms, Corridors, Service Areas are carried out to Hotel Standards.
- To inspect all vacant rooms, checkout rooms, departures daily.
- To carry out ongoing and corrective training to subordinates as required.
- To coordinate the release of clean Rooms for sale, Guest Requests and Complaints, Maintenance, Departure Rooms and Lost and Found Items.
- To attend Training Sessions and hold regular Meetings with Staff.
- To report all Damages and Losses to the Executive Housekeeper or the Assistant Housekeeper.
- To ascertain a high degree of Cleanliness within the Rooms (to receive zero complaints about the Department).
- To conduct daily briefings with staff for VIP arrivals and events in the Hotel.
- Actively seeks feedback from customers rather than wait for complaints.
- Critically evaluates one’s own performance and consistently sets high standards.
- Insists on clarity of roles, Functions and tasks.
- Sets up and maintains systems of information, ensures procedures are being followed.
To move into this position you should have:
1. Good English language skills and commanding power.
2. Physically fit to lift or move heavy objects .
3. Able to work in all morning,afternoon and night shifts.
4. Flexible about duty offs.
5. Minimum experience of 2 years in rooms in housekeeping department.
6. Able to maintain appropriate,formal grooming ,attire and jewelry policy.
7. Able to work on weekends and holidays.
8. Able to interact with the guests.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.